Welcome to my blog!
Our little local convenience store was an unlikely but fruitful source of fresh ingredients:
It was incredibly easy, with ingredients like those, to whip up a full-fledged meal - I present scialatielli pomodoro (with lacryma christi in the tumblers):
Yum.
Scialatielli Pomodorini:
1 package fresh pasta (sciallatielli are long, thick noodles)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
butter
cheese
parsley
olive oil
Cook the pasta for a very short time.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fry them, slice side down, in a dollop of foaming butter until slightly softened. Toss with the cooked pasta, adding leaves of parsley, freshly grated cheese, and a dribble of olive oil over the top. Salt to taste.
I love to cook and my shutterbug husband snaps pics of the results, so I'm going to take a leap into the blogosphere and chronicle my adventures and discoveries in the kitchen. Restaurants, gourmet stores, and any opportunity to discuss fresh food will also make its way into this discussion as they are all relevant to delicious eating.
My qualifications as a cook are scant, except that I went off the meal plan my second year in college and have been feeding myself ever since, with greatly improved results over the years.
I cooked on my honeymoon having booked a self-catering villa on the Amalfi Coast for a week. Nothing beats being able to make a cup of tea and an egg in the morning.
Our little local convenience store was an unlikely but fruitful source of fresh ingredients:
It was incredibly easy, with ingredients like those, to whip up a full-fledged meal - I present scialatielli pomodoro (with lacryma christi in the tumblers):
Yum.
Scialatielli Pomodorini:
1 package fresh pasta (sciallatielli are long, thick noodles)
1 pint cherry tomatoes
butter
cheese
parsley
olive oil
Cook the pasta for a very short time.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fry them, slice side down, in a dollop of foaming butter until slightly softened. Toss with the cooked pasta, adding leaves of parsley, freshly grated cheese, and a dribble of olive oil over the top. Salt to taste.



2 comments:
And don't forget our favorite variety of Cucurbita pepo, the glorious zucchini! Glad to be reminded of this one, it was one of my favorite meals of all time!
Hooray for Toujours Delish! Can't wait for more delightful blog posts!!!!
Post a Comment