On one of our final days of packing, we invited friends over for a potluck brunch. I rummaged through our fridge and freezer and found two pre-made pie shells in need of a filling. So we bought our last batch of eggs from the local Shaw's supermarket, and I put together two quiches for brunch - my take on the Lorraine and the Florentine.
The basics for both are:
four eggs, beaten
1-2 cups of milk or cream
1 cup of grated cheese
salt
nutmeg
For the Lorraine, I added 6 oz of bacon that I had cooked on the range.
For the Florentine, I stirred in 12 oz of defrosted frozen spinach.
For both, I forgot the onion. So remember half a diced onion for each and you're golden.
Bake in a 350 degree oven until the quiche tops are set and golden themselves, 45 minutes or more.
Remember to go light on the salt for the bacony quiche.
With hugs and kisses to our Boston friends. We miss you.
1 comment:
Now we expect even more good stuff now that you are moving to foodlieland : )
Post a Comment