Do you sometimes see a recipe and know immediately that you have to make it (or a version of it)? I've been reading La Tartine Gourmande for the past couple of years, and while the recipes are gorgeous and aspirational, I haven't found myself making that instant decision.
With the dressing for potato salad, it was different. She combines lemon and olive oil, my salad mainstays, with mustard and tahini, and I knew that it would be a winner.
I didn't follow the rest of the recipe - for me, the dressing was a main draw.
Lightly boil new potatoes, leaving on their skins. Only cook them until they are soft and doughy as only potatoes can be (I am not the world's hugest potato fan, but there is something nice about the soft powdery doughiness that can be achieved through some methods of cooking).

Combine dollops and squeezes of all of the above-mentioned ingredients, plus salt and pepper, to taste. You will get a rich and creamy sauce to dress the potatoes in. The rest is up to you - add spinach, cress, parsley, cheese, mustard seeds - and you have some gorgeous picnic food, and even better work-snack food.
No comments:
Post a Comment