Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Waffcakes


My friend gave me this pan for Christmas. I was mystified. What was I going to do with a pan that only had one use? And what exactly is that one use? Pancake-waffles, or pancaffles, wafflycakes, or simply cankles.


After making the buttermilk waffly-pancake recipe that came with it, though, I was a convert. And now consider this to be the perfect gift. Because I really really would never have bought this for myself, but now I'm delighted. And addicted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried your recipe this morning and it worked a treat! I realise that Good Friday might be a strange time to indulge in a rich breakfast but I had to take advantage of the fact that my hubby would be at home and therefore breakfasts won't be the usual mad scramble to feed three hungry people. I wasn't sure the recipe would work as my carton of buttermilk wasn't big enough but even with less buttermilk it worked really well. This means I get to increase the usage of my wafflemaker (currently used about once a year!).